Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Does it Work?

Does it work well that is a tricky question.  I take part in two things that people want to try but more often then not don't follow through on.

1 is investing in Real Estate. Currently single family houses and small residential units. The other is P90X Extreme Home Fitness Program Each time I tell some about one or the other the first question is. Does it work?

Both work if you work. It's kind of a flippant response but when it comes to fitness if they ask you if it works guess what that means? You're not fit. It's true I'm not going to be mistaken for a body builder but at the same time no one has called me Artie Lange or Bruce Valanche in years.

I have lost weight and gotten in far better shape then ever before using P90X and P90X Plus and and Tony Horton One on One I do not show up everyday or the recommend 5 days a week to work out. I am a fair weather fitness person right now.  So I am the results that are varied. Of course when I started my fitness journey over a year ago I was lucky to do 2 good push ups in a row. At my peak of discipline i could blast out 30 before doing bad form. I can now do around 4 pull ups. (Yea it's a low number but I'm pulling around 220 pounds here).

With fitness I'm taking the same advise I give for investing. Step by step a little each day.  Very rarely are long lasting changes instant. The best ones take some time to do it. Some days are busier then some. I make 20-60 minutes a day for it. So I miss one more rerun of How I Met Your Mother or watching  Naruto online. 

By doing that I have been slowly but constantly loosing weight and pants sizes. My energy has gone up and I'm not as sluggish. eating right helps but that's a topic for another time.

This is not a new or break through concept but as I get nearer to being a father I look around and I see how much energy kids have and how much work it will be to keep up with them. I want to be a good father, I want to live long enough (what ever that means) and I want to feel sexy.

On the ego side of things I want to be able to talk about my passions and instead of hearing "Does it Work?" to "Can it work for me?". The difference is subtle but it's the difference between managing and leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment